Translate this page

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Phase Three on the Journey of Retirement


Phase Three
On the Journey of Retirement


         “Stress” time is characteristic of the Third Phase.  This occurs upon actual retirement.  This is the time when everyone dealing with retiree needs to be aware of and compensate for pressures and stresses the newly “freed” individual is subjected to.
In my particular case the stress came from the battle against mandatory retirement. For me, this journey of retirement is a battle to understand and accept the Idea, “I am who I am.” 

         Most of my life I have been a university psychology professor which is one of the main factors explaining why I have created this blog.  And, I can tell you that as we age there are other factors that trigger stress.  And I say, “Thank god for mediation.

No comments:

Post a Comment