Translate this page

Friday, May 9, 2014

Phase One of the Journey of Retirement


Making the Most of Life During the  Eight Phases of Retirement[1]

Phase one begins about three to five years before retirement.  This phase is referred to as “Fantasy Time” as it consists primarily of dreaming and planning for retirement and the new options that will be available after retirement begins.

Now let the journey begin.  As a university professor, as far as work time is considered, I did not work five days a week for eight hours a day.  I loved, and continue to love, searching for information and providing it to others.   Because I was nearing 65 years old and mandatory retirement was still in place. I spent a couple of years fighting it and was able to continue teaching and research.  I can imagine, however, that many people who work full time at normal wages may think of with dreams of freedom and travel.  I see that people from all over the world visit this blog and I am interested in what both those still working and those retired think.



[1]  This presentation was developed a number of years ago as part of my retirement workshop.  Over the next few weeks I will discuss  one of the eight phases about my self since I have retired. It would be really nice if we could have a discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment