Translate this page

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Last Day

           This is my last day as a psychology professor at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I had a touch of joy when I checked my email a little while ago I found a message from the person who is now teaching the Department's Aging class. He has asked me if I would like to give a guest lecture. I emailed back that I would enjoy doing a presentation as long as I have enough time to prepare for it.  
 I am also continuing to develop my workshops and I have recently found someone who is well prepared to handle the financial side of the retirement workshop.
       On the other hand this afternoon  I  spent 3 hours in the Dentist's chair getting one of my tooth's nerves extracted. Within a couple weeks if I follow the directives my tooth will be fine. I think complete satisfaction my retirement process will take a bit longer.   
         Tomorrow, I will travel into Vancouver to visit with two of my sons. This is something I do regularly.  Looking at this on a more abstract level my life is a mixture of change and continuity.  And I expect that this will continue for some time.
           Would anyone out there like to describe their "last day"?


      
       

No comments:

Post a Comment